Finding a Fitness Club
How do you know which one best suits your needs?
You've decided to join a fitness club, but are bamboozled by all of the choices.
Visit the ones that interest you and note the following:
- Is it conveniently located? If not, you'll probably find too many excuses to avoid going.
- Make sure the facility is open during the hours you're most likely to exercise.
- Check that the equipment, locker rooms, and floors are all clean.
- How much of the equipment is in need of repair? Too many "out of order" signs suggest poor maintenance.
- If you're keen on classes, find out what ones are offered and on what schedule.
- Are the employees welcoming and helpful? A supportive staff can help you reach your fitness goals.
- Ask other members about their experiences at the facility.
Article Reviewed: July 25, 2012
Copyright © 2014 Healthy Magazine
Make a solid list of ALL that you are releasing as the year comes to a close.
Article Reviewed: December 26, 2013
Don't let exercise sideline you
Article Reviewed: August 17, 2013
ACSM experts examine what’s hot -- and what’s not -- in the health and fitness industry
Article Reviewed: January 5, 2014